Some of you might know what is Elken spirulina but in case you never hear about it, let me share more about Elken Spirulina.
What is Elken Spirulina? Elken Spirulina is a highly nutritious health food which is an excellent source of 5 major nutrients (Protein, Fat, Carbohydrate, Vitamins and Minerals) and 4 natural pigments (Chlorophyll, Beta Carotene, Xanthopyll and Phycocyanin). This highly alkaline seaweed can be readily digested and easily assimilated by the human body. It is an ideal food supplement for achieving vital health and energy.
I started to consume Elken Spirulina since year 2001 and during my pregnancy in year 2006, I continued to consume and I double up the tablets taken compare to my normal days. I truly believe the nutritional values of Elken Spirulina could deliver me a healthy baby.
The Nutritional Values of Elken Spirulina
- Nutritional value is 14 times higher than cow’s milk
- Excellent source of quick supply of glucose to the blood
- Contains over 13 types of vitamins and is the richest vegetative source of B12 in the world
- Excellent source of minerals (more than 13 types of minerals)
- Contains 4 types of natural pigments including beta carotene
- Contains all the 8 essential amino acids
- Complete in nutritional value that it is used as food for astronauts.
I also let my Baby Moon take Elken Spirulina because it is not a medicine but a nutritious health food. It is recognised a safe and nutritious food source by:
- UN Food & Agricultural Organisation (FAO)
- World Health Organisation
- Certified free of microcystins (Health Canada)
The reasons of me to choose ELKEN Spirulina are:
- Over 12 types of vitamins, over 12 types of minerals, 4 natural pigments, 8 essential amino acids & 100% alkaline content
- Top-grade spirulina produced by World’s first pure clean cultivation pool
- Manufacturing process designed by Prof. Keiun Kodo results in 100% pure spirulina
- Produced by ISO 9001:2000 & GMP plant certified by National Pharmaceutical Council Bureau
Professor Keiun Kodo (The Expert in Spirulina) – Spirulina rich and balanced nutrients are perfect for the development of brain cells. It is a well-known source of nutrients for children and adults for the development and maintenance of brain cells.
I always feel safe to let my Baby Moon take Elken Spirulina and many of my friends do so, they let their baby take Elken Spirulina too.
My Baby Moon loves to take Spirulina and she would request more if I just give her 1 tablet. 1 tablet is just too little for her and everyday she likes to have 3 tablets.
My observation after Baby Moon takes spirulina:
- Have good appetite and consume lots of food
- Not easy to get sick when stay with sick family member
- Always full of energy and active
- Fast response (boost brain functions)
- Faster recover time when get sick (enhances Immune System)
Updated in August 2010
I let my baby take Vemma and read more on why this is my choice. Click here to read.